UCSF personnel and students with a current Library Borrower Account can borrow materials from libraries worldwide.
Non-UCSF individuals who need materials from the UCSF Library: please place an interlibrary loan request at any US or overseas library to which you have access, or visit Loansome Doc.
Make a Request
- When searching electronic resources like PubMed@UCSF, click the button and follow the prompts
- Already have a citation? Use the UC Citation Linker and follow the prompts
Track or Renew Your Request
- To check the status of your request or renew a book, use My ILL Requests, call (415) 476-1446 or send a message
- Need more help? Call (415) 502-5789 or send a message
Getting Your Item
- Most articles and book chapters are emailed within 4 working days
- Most books are received within 4-7 days at the Parnassus Library service desk
- Mission Bay and ZSFG delivery: items will be processed at Parnassus first, then sent to your preferred pickup location within 2-3 business days.
- Fresno delivery: items will be processed at Parnassus first, then mailed to UCSF Fresno.
- Laurel Heights delivery: items can be sent via UCSF shuttle. Call (415) 476-1446 to coordinate delivery
- UC library system items are free
- For items outside the UC system, our patrons can request 20 free articles/books per fiscal year (July – June)
- If you’ve reached the 20-item limit, we’ll contact you to authorize pre-payment of $20 per additional request. We will only resort to a fee-based library if free options are unavailable. You will not be charged if we can’t get the requested item