To support the phased return to campus of UCSF’s education mission, the library is following the below timeline to reopen our spaces and in-person services. All services currently remain available and continue to be provided remotely.
At this time, only UCSF essential visitors are allowed in library spaces. Non-essential visitor guidelines will be reviewed and updated by UCSF in the coming months.
August 2022 – December 2022
This timeline is subject to change at any time given the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, the Kalmanovitz Library is currently under construction with multiple renovation projects that include internal and external work components. The library anticipates re-opening to the general public in December 2022.
- FAMRI Library in the Rutter Center open to UCSF faculty, staff, and students via ID badge access, Monday–Friday from 7:30am–6pm
- Hub/Hideout in Mission Hall open to UCSF students via ID badge access, 24/7.
Kalmanovitz Library open to UCSF faculty, staff, and students via ID badge access Monday–Friday from 7:30am–6pm.
Study Spaces throughout the library are available with the exception of the 1st floor due to ongoing construction work.
Main Desk open 8am–6pm with curbside pickup available.
- Tech Commons general space is accessible Monday–Friday from 7:30am–6pm.
- ITS Help Desk staff will be available Monday–Friday, 11am–1pm.
- Computer labs available. Visit 25Live to schedule a reservation.
- LTG eLearning Studio (CL245) available by appointment.
- Curbside and in-person pickup of multimedia teaching equipment available by appointment.
- Student IT support provided remotely.
Special Collections Reading Room is open Wednesday–Friday, 9am–12pm and 1pm–4pm. For reference services, visit Archival Research Services.
Hearst Room open to UCSF students via ID badge access, 24/7.
All services continue to be provided remotely. In-person consultations available with librarian upon request, dependent on availability. Note: In-person curriculum embedded sessions available upon request (most teaching still being delivered via Zoom).