To support the phased return to campus of UCSF’s education mission, and multiple construction projects currently underway in our main library building, the library is following the below timeline to reopen our spaces and in-person services. All services currently remain available and continue to be provided remotely.
At this time, only UCSF badge holders are granted access to library spaces. All visitors are required to follow campus protocols.
Present – early 2024
This timeline is subject to change at any time. The Kalmanovitz Library is currently under construction with multiple renovation projects that include internal and external work components. The library anticipates re-opening to the general public in late 2023 or early 2024.
- FAMRI Library in the Rutter Center open to UCSF faculty, staff, and students via ID badge access, Monday–Friday from 7:30am–6pm
- Hub/Hideout in Mission Hall open to UCSF students via ID badge access, 24/7.
Renovation underway: The Main Desk has been temporarily relocated closer to the elevators.
Kalmanovitz Library open to UCSF faculty, staff, and students via ID badge access Monday–Friday from 7:30am–6pm.
Study Spaces throughout the library are available with the exception of the 1st floor due to ongoing construction work.
Main Desk open 8am–6pm with curbside pickup available.
- Tech Commons general space is accessible Monday–Friday from 7:30am–6pm.
- ITS Help Desk staff will be available Monday–Friday, 11am–1pm.
- Computer labs available. Visit 25Live to schedule a reservation.
- Recording Studio (CL245) available by appointment.
- In-person pickup of multimedia teaching equipment available with a reservation.
- Student IT support provided remotely and from the walk-up IT Health Desk.
Special Collections Reading Room closed until June 3, 2024. For reference services, visit Archival Research Services.
Hearst Room open to UCSF students via ID badge access, 24/7.
All services continue to be provided remotely. In-person consultations available with librarian upon request, dependent on availability. Note: In-person curriculum embedded sessions available upon request (most teaching still being delivered via Zoom).