The UCSF Archives & Special Collections reading room is free and open to the public. Due to the unique and often fragile nature of our collections, these materials are available for access under supervised use and by appointment only. For those that are unable to visit, we also offer remote reference, reproduction, and research services.
Plan Your Visit
Appointments in the Reading Room
- Open to the public at no charge
- Available for appointments each week, Mon.-Wed., from 9am-4pm.
- Please use the calendar to make an appointment
- We are located inside UCSF Library at 530 Parnassus Avenue, Room 527
- Archives & Special Collections is on the 5th floor, to the right when you walk out of the elevators.
Policies & Procedures
- Please bring a photo ID when you come to the Archives
- No food or beverages in our reading room
- Policy on fees and reproductions
- We do allow the use of personal cameras in the reading to make low resolution photographs for research use only. Flash photography, high resolution photography, and noise that might be disruptive to other researchers is prohibited. Further information about our reproduction polices.