For faculty and program coordinators
Our IT experts in the Library Tech Commons, in collaboration with IT Field Services Health Desk, can coordinate the setup of new student computers prior to the start of their program — so that everyone is ready for teaching and learning when classes start. Contact us to schedule an orientation.
- Students complete a pre-orientation survey
- we collect details about the computer they will use for their UCSF education
- we gather information for scheduling a virtual one-on-one setup of their personally owned devices
- we clarify the UCSF student tech requirements
- We deliver a live orientation via Zoom with a presentation followed by Q&A (slides provided in advance.)
- We schedule and complete a virtual one-on-one tech setup with each student that completed the survey