In May 2017 the Library launched a survey campaign to learn how people use the physical spaces in the Parnassus Library. We distributed the paper survey throughout the Library for two weeks with an option to complete a digital version. By the end of the campaign we received 850 responses! Thank you for your input! The following is a visualized summary of the insightful data we pulled from your feedback of the Parnassus Library:
Based on your responses we will be doing the following at the Library:
- Renovating the Hearst Room to maximize the user experience
- Cleaning computer keyboards more often
- Replacing uncomfortable Library furniture whenever possible (note: let us know what you think of the new pods in the Hearst and East Asian room!)
- Installing strategically placed signage to inform patrons about Library events and workshops
- Updating the design and placement of signage related to the various Library noise levels and food policies.
- Re-configuring access to the building to improve security (note: more to come on this)
We look forward to notifying you of each change as it is implemented.