As we come to the close of an extraordinarily challenging but productive year, we wanted to share our year in review with you.
Highlights of 2020
15,136,625 documents now up on the Industry Documents Library!
- We added the 15 millionth document to the collections in January 2020
- We added 115,640 new Truth Tobacco Industry Documents
- We doubled the size of our Opioid Litigation documents collection in the Drug Industry Documents Archive to 3,300 documents (131,475 pages)
- With the UCSF Environmental Health Initiative and the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Office of Community Engagement, we added a new collection from the Bayview Hunters Point Community Advocates to the Chemical Industry Documents Archive
- We partnered with our fantastic UCSF Library Access Services team to process the William Sanjour Hazardous Waste Papers and make them available in our Chemical Industry Documents Archive
- With our partners in the UCSF Philip R. Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies, we added another 17,507 new documents to our Food Industry Documents Archive, bringing the total to 133,326 (575,571 pages) now available in the library
- We developed the COVID-19 and Smoking Web Archive to capture sites related to tobacco industry messaging about smoking and vaping during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic
- We implemented a new feature to enable users to submit corrections to document metadata
- We added 19 new publications which cite industry documents to our Bibliography
From all of us at the IDL, we wish you a safe and festive holiday season, and a hopeful New Year ahead.