Join the UCSF Library in celebrating 2019 International Open Access Week! Open Access (OA) is the free, immediate, worldwide access to research publications and other outputs, and the right to share and re-use these outputs.
Open for whom? Equity in open knowledge
OA Week is in its 12th year, and this year’s theme is Open for whom? Equity in open knowledge. We invite you to both celebrate OA and to explore how open scholarship can ensure equitable participation in research communication.
This year’s events:
- Stop by the Information Table at the entrance of the Parnassus Campus Library on Tuesday, October 22 from 11:30 – 1:00 pm
- find out what’s new with open scholarship and how you can contribute!
- pick up some fun swag, cookies, and t-shirts (while they last)!
- Participate in an open code workshop on October 24 from 3:30 to 5pm at Mission Bay
- check out all of the events in the Biomedical Reproducibility series
- Book office hours with an open access and publishing expert
- Check out the Library’s Twitter handle, @ucsf_LIbrary for OA-themed tweets