The UCSF Makers Lab is currently 100% virtual during the UCSF Library closure. Makers Lab staff members continue to support UCSF projects remotely and lead pop-ups via Zoom. We realize that Zoom fatigue is real and it can be difficult to attend another Zoom meeting. So, we have made select pop-up recordings available in the UCSF CLE! Watch a pop-up when you have time, learn a new skill, and get inspired.
Self-enroll in the Makers Lab On-Demand CLE course (UCSF MyAccess required) to watch pop-up recordings. Contact Makers Lab staff if you have questions or if you want to schedule a consultation to discuss your project in more detail.
See the current list of Makers Lab On-Demand Pop-Ups below:
- Makers Lab 101: Introduction to the Makers Lab
- 3D Printing Part 1: Introduction to 3D Printing
- 3D Printing Part 2: 3D Design & Modeling with Tinkercad
- 3D Printing Part 3: 3D Printing from Medical Imaging
- 3D Model Editing: 3D Design & Modeling with Meshmixer
- 3D Printing Materials Overview
- 3D Printing Meet-Up: Breaking the the Mold
- Artist in Residence Workshop: Storytelling During a Pandemic
- Artist in Residence Workshop: Maquetting for Science Visualization
- Artist in Residence During COVID-19: A Year in Reflection
- Intro to CAD Part 1: Discover the Capabilities of Fusion 360
- Intro to CAD Part 2: Take Your Fusion 360 Project to the Next Level
- Intro to CAD Part 3: Splines and Sculpting Fundamentals in Fusion 360
- Wireframe Modeling in Blender
- Intro to Vector Art (Inkscape)
- Ideation Part 1
- Ideation Part 2
- Getting Started with 360 Photos & Videos
- Introduction to Sewing
The Makers Lab will continue to offer “live” pop-ups via Zoom so you can ask questions and meet other UCSF makers virtually. See the full list of upcoming pop-ups on the Makers Lab calendar. And be ready to visit us as soon as it is safe to reopen the Makers Lab!