Why a new Help Center?
Here at the UCSF Library, our goal is to make help simple and human-centered. That’s why we’re excited to introduce the new and improved Help Center! We’ve put together some of the top FAQs, how-tos, documentation, and best practices to help you get the information you need and answer any questions you may have along the way.
More relevant content
The new Help Center is easy to browse, search, and read as you get up to speed on all things UCSF Library. We’ve spent months analyzing patron inquiries and reaching out to departments to bring you fresh content on problems you need to solve. Find information on a variety of library supported topics such as:
Simply click on a category to access more sections and help articles.
The Help Center is divided into the following categories:
- Classes and Workshops – Find helpful information about attending library classes and workshops.
- Borrowing, Requesting, and Library Account – Manage your library account and request resources from UCSF and beyond.
- Research Help – Find focused help by locating the right digital resources for your research topic or area, or scheduling a one-on-one research consultation with a library expert.
- Tech and Multimedia Support – Browse all things tech and multimedia from loan equipment documentation and how to reserve equipment, to IT support areas.
- Makers Lab Support – Unleash your natural creativity in the Makers Lab. Find answers to frequently asked questions, equipment documentation, and learn how to get started.
- Data Science and Programming – Build computational and data skills in the UCSF community. Learn how to decide between different programming languages, keep up with the latest news, and learn how you can get your project off the ground.
- Network Access – Get full-text articles and ebooks and learn tips to troubleshoot network access.
- Study Spaces and Classrooms – Need to find or reserve a space in the library? Start here.
- Teaching and Course Administration – Find resources for faculty and support staff including CLE (Moodle) documentation and more.
- Archives and Digital Collections – Locate archival collections, schedule a visit, and see what’s available online.
- Open Access and Publishing – Learn about open access, publishing, and copyright at UCSF.
Have a question? Click on the orange Help widget located at the bottom of every page of the library website and type away. Results populate by relevance.
Make it better
Give help articles a thumbs up or thumbs down to send your feedback. We consider the Help Center a living document, which will be continually updated and improved over time to meet your needs.
As always, our support staff is here to assist you with any questions you might have. Send us a message or call us at (415) 476-2336.