The UCSF Library Archives and Special Collections and the Makers Lab are accepting proposals for the second annual UCSF Library Artist in Residence program. The UCSF Library Artist in Residence award, valued at $6,000, will be given annually to one candidate with a degree in Studio Arts or a related field and/or a history of exhibiting artistic work in professional venues.
For program background, artist responsibilities and provided support, see Artist in Residence Program.
Possible projects can include, but are not limited to: painting; photography; performance; sculpture; 3D scanning and 3D printing; programmable electronics; and digital, video or installation art. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the 2021 residency will be remote, applicants are advised to review the remote project of the UCSF 2020 Artist in Residence, Farah Hamade.
Ready to apply?
Interested artists should submit the following information as a single PDF file with the filename (your-last-name-UCSF-artist-2021.pdf)*
- One page project proposal that addresses:
- The conceptual approach of the project
- Aspects of the collection that are of interest
- How you would engage the public
- One-year proposed timeline
- Your CV
- Two letters of recommendation
- List of up to six past work samples that includes title, image of project, location, date completed, media, brief description of the project/conceptual information, and budget (if applicable)
Deadline for proposals was April 16, 2021.