The University of California’s access to the “classic” SciFinder interface will be retired Sunday, July 31, 2022. SciFinder-n (or SciFinder), which was introduced in 2020, will be the only SciFinder platform used moving forward. With the launch of the new interface, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) halted further development on the classic interface to focus on continual updates and enhancements to SciFinder-n features and functionality. If you are currently using the classic version of SciFinder, please note the following:
- If you are already using SciFinder-n, you don’t need to do anything.
- If you are using the classic version of SciFinder, it is time to start using SciFinder-n. You do not need to register for a new SciFinder account; your account credentials will work with both interfaces. Any bookmarks will automatically redirect to scifinder-n.cas.org.
- If you have saved answer sets and search alerts for the classic version of SciFinder, you will need to migrate them into SciFinder-n before Sunday, July 31, 2022.
- If you are new to SciFinder, you can gain access by using UCSF remote VPN access to register your UCSF email address.
To learn more about SciFinder-n, please review the following:
- Informative brochure about SciFinder-n.
- On-demand SciFinder-n training resources.
- Upcoming webinars to learn more about SciFinder-n.
- SciFinder is restricted to current UCSF faculty, students, and staff.