Looking for the Poll Everywhere article? Link: Poll Everywhere is now available
As part of UCSF efforts to limit the potential of COVID-19 spreading within our local community, the UCSF Library and the Makers Lab will be closed until further notice — but we are still here to help! The Makers Lab is determined to provide information about recent developments addressing COVID-19 from the maker community during this time. The following is a compilation of project ideas, news, and resources you can explore, all in one place.
Makers Lab staff are available to offer their expertise to help with your project ideas. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation via Zoom.
Working on a Project Remotely
- Create a Thingiverse account and save models you want to print
- Create your own models in Tinkercad or Fusion 360 and share in Thingiverse
- Learn new software with Tinkercad and Fusion 360 online tutorials
- Design a button using the Makers Lab button template to encourage proper hand washing
- Attend Makers Lab pop-ups via Zoom – more information will be available on the Makers Lab website
3D Printing and Making in the Health Sciences Versus COVID-19
Disclaimer: The effectiveness of these types of projects are unknown to the Makers Lab and should be thoroughly validated by experts.
Discover the latest news on how 3D printing and other technologies are being used to combat COVID-19 related medical supply shortages.
- MIT shares design for a $500 emergency ventilator
- Isinnova shares 3D printed adapter to turn snorkeling mask into a non-invasive ventilator
- Italian Hospital Saves COVID-19 Patients Lives by 3D Printing Valves for Reanimation Devices
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)’s University Research Facility in 3D Printing (U3DP) Prints Face Shields and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Follow the latest developments on Twitter in real time using the hashtag #3DvsCOVID19
Potential Project Ideas
Peruse the following pages for inspiration and ideas for your next project!
- University of Wisconsin PPE Face Shield (No 3D Printing required)
- List of Useful 3D Prints Against COVID-19 by Cults3D
- Hands-Free Printed Door Opener by Materialise
- Submit your idea to the Collegiate Inventors Competition
Other ideas? Send your projects ideas to the Makers Lab and we will update this post as more projects come in.
Connect to Resource Groups
- Open Source COVID-19 Medical Supplies Facebook Group
- 3D Printing Crowdsourcing Document
- Emergency Additive Manufacturing Forum
- Make’s Collection of COVID-19 Resources
- Tikkun Olam Makers Open Source COVID-19 Solution Database
Check the Makers Lab website for up-to-date information on Makers Lab access.