Do you need to 3D print a model? The Makers Lab is closed until further notice due to COVID-19, but we currently offer 3D printing support via curbside pickup for projects pertaining to UCSF teaching, learning, and research. The Makers Lab has safely delivered over 2,000 3D prints to UCSF community members during the closure!
Contact the Makers Lab to determine if your project meets the criteria for the curbside service and to request a 3D print. Make sure to include the following information in your request:
- Brief summary of how the 3D print will be used for UCSF teaching, learning, or research
- Your STL file (you can share a link from Box or OneDrive)
- Filament preference (e.g., PLA, PETG, etc.)
- Filament color preference (or ask about our filament inventory)
- Any required print settings (e.g., infill, layer height, etc.)
Makers Lab staff will follow-up to schedule a pickup in front of the UCSF Kalmanovitz Library on the Parnassus Heights campus.
We will post information about reopening on the Makers Lab website as soon as we know more. In the meantime, we look forward to supporting your 3D print projects!
Here are a few happy UCSF community members picking up their 3D prints.