Obtain articles and books not available at UCSF. Library staff will locate materials from other UC libraries and libraries around the world.
What do I need to place a request?
- A current Library Borrower Account
- The 14-digit barcode number on the front of your UCSF ID
When will I receive my item?
- Most articles and book chapters are delivered electronically within 4 working days. When the article is available, you will receive an email with a link to download the PDF.
- Most books are received within 4-7 days at the Parnassus Campus Library. You will receive an email notice when your item has arrived.
Where do I pick up my item?
- Parnassus Campus users may pick up their borrowed materials at the Service Desk.
- For alternate pick-up locations (Laurel Heights, SF General Hospital, and Mission Bay) reply to your email notice with your preferred pick up location, and the item will be sent there. You will receive a second email when the item arrives at your preferred pick up location.
How long can I keep the materials?
Where do I return the materials?
- Return books and materials to any UCSF Library.
- If materials are not returned by the due date your UCSF Library privileges will be blocked (no check-outs, no renewals) and a bill for replacement will be issued.
- You are responsible for damage to or loss of materials from the time they are picked up until the time they are returned.
Is there a fee for this service?
- There are no fees for obtaining items from other UC campuses.
- Items obtained outside the UC system average $20 per article or book loan.
- Library staff will contact you for authorization to extend the search if the item is not available from a UC Library.
- You must submit an authorization with each request: include credit card number (information is confidential,
applied only to item requested, and not saved) or UC department recharge number, and maximum you are willing
to pay for each request.
- You will be billed only the fees incurred and will not be charged if the item cannot be obtained.
- For general questions about this service, call (415) 476-2337.
- For information about a particular request, after 5 working days email Interlibrary Borrows staff or call (415) 476-8272.