For off-network access, use EZproxy as described below. VPN does not guarantee access to library resources.
- Start your search from the Library website for the easiest way to access full text articles and other licensed resources
- Bookmark PubMed.ucsf.edu and UpToDate.ucsf.edu for easy access to full text articles
- Use the UCSFwpa wifi network. If that’s not an option, we recommend installing the EZproxy bookmarklet, our full text browser tool for off-campus or off-network access
- Note that the UC-eLinks button might take you to an intermediary page. Try the link(s) under “Get it Online From” to get the full text
- Still having trouble? Try clearing your browser cache
Browser Bookmarklet: When You're Not On the Network
Use when you’re not on the UCSF network, and you have not started from library.ucsf.edu.
- Drag this button to your bookmarks toolbar to install
- Click the button while viewing an article page. It will prompt you to log into MyAccess and identify you as a UCSF affiliate.