VPN does not guarantee access to library resources. MyAccess only works if the resource you want requests your MyAccess login. Going directly to myaccess.ucsf.edu, then trying to get full access to an article or database, will not work.
- The easiest way to access full text articles and other licensed resources: start at the Library website
- Bookmark PubMed.ucsf.edu for easy access to full text articles
- Use the UCSFwpa wifi network. If that’s not an option, we recommend installing the EZproxy bookmarklet, our full text browser tool for off-campus or off-network access
- Note that the UC-eLinks button might take you to an intermediary page. Try the link(s) under “Get it Online From” to get the full text
- Still having trouble? Try clearing your browser cache
Browser Bookmarklet: When You're Not On the Network
Use when you're not on the UCSF network, and you have not started from library.ucsf.edu.
- Drag this button to your bookmarks toolbar to install
- Click the button while viewing an article page. It will prompt you to log into MyAccess and identify you as a UCSF affiliate.