Review-based clinical information resource.
Access to UpToDate is provided by the UCSF Medical Center
- Find current options for diagnosis, management, a therapy - including efficacy, doses, & interactions of indivdiual drugs
- Find screening & prevention strategies
- Answer clinical questions that arise in daily practice
For access issues with UpToDate please contact Medical Center IT at 415.514.4100
- Access UpToDate by going to http://uptodate.ucsf.edu. If you are accessing remotely, you will first have to login to your MyAccess account. Once registered, you can download the Mobile App and earn CME credits.
- You can decline to register with UpToDate, but you will need to decline every 2 weeks, and you will not have access to the mobile client or be able to earn CME credits.
Access to Mobile App - Once registered, you can install the Mobile App on up to two devices:
- On your smartphone or table, search for "UpToDate" in your app store and install the free app.
- Open the UpToDate Mobile App upon completion of download.
- Login with your UpToDate User Name and Password. You only need to do this once - the app remembers your User Name and Password.
- In addition to the Mobile App, you can access UpToDate from any device with internet access.
- Simply go to http://uptodate.ucsf.edu, login with MyAccess, and then login with your UpToDate User Name and Password.
Maintaining Remote Access
- In order to maintain uninterrupted remote access to UpToDate, you must re-verify your affiliation with UCSF once every 90 days.
- Re-verification can be done using one of the following methods:
- Access UpToDate via http://uptodate.ucsf.edu once every 90 days and login with your MyAccess account. This will automatically re-verify your affiliation. This method requires no UpToDate login.
- Login to UpToDate by going to www.uptodate.com from a computer or device connected to UCSF's network.
This method requires you to login to UpToDate with your UpToDate User Name and Password.