Food and drink are allowed in the Library with some restrictions.
- Covered drinks are welcome in the Library
- Messy, odorous or greasy foods (e.g. ice cream, soup, pizza, burritos, etc.) are not allowed
- Food is not allowed in the Parnassus Library 5th Floor Quiet Study Room
- Please do not eat food when using Library materials
- Clean up: dispose of trash appropriately and take leftovers with you when you leave; clean off crumbs and keep tables clean for other Library users; report any overflowing trash receptacles
- We realize that accidents can happen. If you spill food or drink on a book or journal, please bring it to the service desk as soon as possible. You will not be charged for damages. The Library will be able to handle cleaning the item more easily if they receive it quickly. If you find damage to a book or journal you are using, or if you notice a spill on furniture or the floor, please notify staff at a Service Desk as soon as possible
- The Library reserves the right to ask a patron to remove their food and drink from the Librar