TCA Frequently Asked Questions
- What sites have good overviews of tobacco-related issues?
- CDC's Tobacco Information and Prevention Source
- Tobacco.org (formerly known as Tobacco BBS)
- World Health Organization's MPOWER Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic
- How can I learn about or get involved in anti-tobacco activism?
In the United States:
- Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights Foundation (ANRF)
- American Lung Association
- Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education (UCSF)
- Smoke Free Movies (UCSF)
- Where can I find information about the economic aspects of tobacco control?
- Where can I find information about lawsuits involving the tobacco industry?
- Recent Major Tobacco Trials (Tobacco Control Resource Center)
- Summary of the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement (California Office of the Attorney General)
- An Analysis of Selected Topics and Provisions of the MSA (Tobacco Control Resource Center)
- Tobacco Litigation Documents from cases brought against the tobacco industry by the U.S. Department of Justice as well as the Attorneys General of 44 states (Tobacco Control Archives)
- Where can I find information about a specific tobacco company?
- Where can I find tobacco industry documents?
- Where can I find tobacco industry advertisements?
- Philip Morris Advertising Archive
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute - Tobacco Document & Advertising Collection
- Stanford University's "Not a Cough in a Carload" Exhibit
- Richard Pollay's Tobacco Advertising Collection (Legacy Tobacco Documents Library)
- Tobacco Advertising Gallery (Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids)
- Trinkets and Trash
- Truth in Advertising
- UCSF Tobacco Industry Video Collection
- Where can I find/purchase anti-tobacco commercials?
- I'm a teacher who would like to teach my students about the dangers of smoking. Where can I find some lesson plans?
- Youth Tobacco Prevention Materials (CDC)
- Mind Over Matter Teacher's Guide: Tobacco Addiction (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- Cough Cough...Yeah, I Smoke! (National Teacher Training Institute)
- Smoking Prevention Lesson Plans (PBS.org)
- Daily Lesson Plan, 1999 - Creating anti-smoking ad campaigns geared towards kids (New York Times)
- Daily Lesson Plan, 2001 - Exploring the economic and health-related impacts of a smoking habit (New York Times)
- Daily Lesson Plan, 2002 - Teens' movie viewing restrictions and tobacco and alcohol usage (New York Times)
- Daily Lesson Plan, 2005 - Considering arguments surrounding antismoking legislation (New York Times)
- Daily Lesson Plan, 2007 - Evaluating the changing perceptions of cigarette smoking (New York Times)
- Where can I learn more about the effects of secondhand smoke?
- Secondhand Smoke (Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights)
- Smokefree Environments Law Project
- Fact Sheet on Secondhand Smoke (Repace Associates)
- Report on Carcinogens (National Toxicology Program)
- Health Effects of Exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke (National Cancer Institute)
- Where can I find information about the chemicals that are added to cigarettes?
- Where can I find out which political representatives have accepted campaign contributions from the tobacco industry?
- Tobacco: Money to Congress (Open Secrets)
- Where can I learn about the history of tobacco and the tobacco industry?