Home > Collections & Resources > Tobacco Control Archives > Tobacco Litigation Documents > State Lawsuits > State Lawsuits - Mississippi
State Lawsuits - Mississippi
Help & How To
Litigation Documents - Mississippi
Moore v. American Tobacco, et al.
Case No. 94-1429. Filed 5/23/1994.
- Complaint (the first AG action against the tobacco industry) - [PDF (57k)]
- Motion To Compel Defendants To Respond To Plaintiff's First Set Of Interrogatories To The Defendants On General Issues (1/11/96) - [PDF (28k)]
- Petition For Writ Of Mandamus And Prohibition And For Declaratory Judgment (Fordice V Moore)(2/16/96) - [PDF (29k)]
- Findings Of Fact, Conclusions Of Law And Judgment As To Defendants' Motion For Partial Summary Judgment (3/6/96) - [PDF (12k)]
- Note that Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Massachusetts, and West Virginia settled their claims against Brooke Group and Liggett Group on March 15, 1996 - [PDF (60k)]
- Plaintiff's Reply To Defendants' Memorandum In Opposition To Plaintiff's Motion To Compel Defendants To Respond To Plaintiff's First Set Of Interrogatories To The Defendants On General Issues (3/20/96) - [PDF (17k)]
- Discovery Hearing Transcript (9/25/96) - [PDF (19k)]
- Denies relief to Petitioner (Governor Fordice) and declines to accept jurisdiction (preemptive suit by Gov. Kirk Fordice challenging authority of AG Moore to sue) (3/13/97) - [PDF (22k)]
- Mississippi Supreme Court Decision (preemptive suit by tobacco companies challenging authority of AG Moore to sue) (3/13/97): Denies relief to Petitioners (tobacco companies) and declines to accept jurisdiction. Dissent is included - [PDF (14k)]
- Mississippi Settlement Memorandum (7/3/97) - [PDF (23k)]