iPads may be borrowed from the Tech Commons, normally open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (see Hours for exceptions) and are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis. Fill out this form to request an iPad. Completing this form does not guarantee the dates you requested. To see if one is available, call 476-4309 or stop by the Tech Commons desk in Parnassus Library room CL240.
Due to high demand, we currently have a waiting list of at least 1 week for iPads. Once you have filled out the request form, you will receive an email notifying you when one is available to borrow.
iPads are loaned for a 1-week period and may be renewed once. Depending on demand, iPads may be available for faculty to borrow for a 1-month period. Borrowers must complete a loan agreement accepting responsibility for any loss or damage to the iPad and the cost of replacement. Renewals may be completed by calling the Tech Commons desk at 476-4309, or by visiting CL240.
iPad kits include an iPad with cover (16GB, wi-fi only), power adapter, VGA adapter, stylus, and carrying case.
Additional equipment available for check out includes Bluetooth keyboards and adapter kits (includes HDMI, USB, and SC card adapters).
- iPads are for use by UCSF personnel and students with current Library Borrower Accounts only.
Checkout and Renewal
- iPads may be borrowed from the Tech Commons, normally open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (see Hours for exceptions).
- iPads may be reserved more than 24 hours in advance by filling out this form. Completing this form does not guarantee the dates you requested.
- Users are not allowed to borrow more than 1 iPad at a time.
- Checkout periods are 1 week. Two (2) iPads are available to faculty and have a 1-month checkout period.
- iPads may be renewed for an additional checkout period if no other user has requested its use. In order to renew, you must call the Tech Commons desk at 476-4309 or stop by and request an extension before it is due.
- Late return of an iPad will result in an immediate block of borrowing privileges; fees may be assessed and loss of iPad borrowing privileges may result.
Use of iPads
- Users are responsible for making sure that the iPad does not get damaged, lost, or stolen while it is checked out to them. For details, see Fees for Damage.
- Apps and content may be loaded on the iPad using your own accounts. When an iPad is returned, all data and settings will be wiped from the device.
- Users are responsible for any violations of the Information Security Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines and all other applicable UC policies, State or Federal laws or contractual agreements.
- The UCSF Library assumes no responsibility for any problems that the iPad may cause to any other equipment to which the iPad is connected.
- A list of installed apps is available in the Mobile Resources Guide.
iPad use is a privilege that can be revoked if the service is abused.