Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms
General Policies & Check Out Procedures
- Group study rooms are available for use by UCSF students (2 or more) for collaborative study and group projects.
- Faculty and staff: contact Educational Technology Services, (415) 476-4310, for classroom availability on campus.
- Reservations must be made by a student with an @ucsf.edu or ucsfmedctr.org email address.
- Reservations must be confirmed by a student within one hour of making the reservation.
- By confirming the reservation, students agree that the room will be used by a group of two or more students.
- No-Show Policy: rooms not occupied within 15 minutes past the hour may be cancelled by a library staff for another group.
- Students are highly encouraged to bring a copy of their confirmation as proof of reservation.
- Students are allowed to reserve up to a maximum of 3 hours/slots per day, up to one month in advance.
- The Library reserves the right to ask single occupants -- with or without confirmed reservations -- to vacate a room immediately for a group of two or more UCSF students.
- Wireless access and electrical outlets are available in all study rooms.
- Most study rooms are equipped with a dry erase whiteboard, markers, eraser, and an X-ray light box.
- Some rooms are equipped with large screen monitors, compatible for use with either a PC or Mac laptop.
- Covered beverages and snack foods are welcome in the Library. See our Food and Drink Policy.
- Posters, notes, and other items may not be hung on walls or windows.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of personal items. Any items left in rooms after the end of the reservation period may be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library's lost and found.
- Failure to comply with established policies may result in suspension of group study room privileges and/or other library privileges.
Contact the Parnassus Service Desk by email or phone (415) 476-2336.