- Located at the Parnassus Campus Library
- 6 daily carrels, available for 1-7 days of use any day of the week
- 6 monthly carrels, available for the calendar month
Reserve a Carrel
- Faculty member must have a current, unblocked Borrower Account and present a valid UCSF faculty ID.*
- Daily carrels may be reserved online.
- A maximum of 7 reservations are allowed per month. Additional reservations may be made in person if carrrels are available. You can call first to check availability: (415) 476-2336.
- Monthly carrels may be reserved in advance on a first-come, first-served basis. Email the Parnassus Service Desk or call (415) 476-2336. Please provide your requested dates.
- Monthly carrels not claimed within the first 7 days of the month may be reassigned at the discretion of the Library.
Carrels remain locked at all times. An access card is required for entry.
- Daily carrels: Pick up access card at the Service Desk. Return it at the end of the day.
- Monthly carrels: Pick up access card on the first day of occupancy. Return it on the last day of the monthly reservation period.
A $10 replacement fee will be charged if the access card is not returned by close of business on the last day of the reservation period.
Using the Carrels
- Wireless access and electrical outlets are available in all carrels.
- Personal items such as laptops and printers may be used in carrels. Please do not leave valuables unattended overnight or for an extended period of time.
- Books and other library materials left overnight must be properly checked out.
- Do not hang posters, notes, or other items on the walls or windows.
- Covered beverages and snack foods are welcome in the Library. See our Food and Drink Policy.
- Material left in carrels after the last day of occupancy will be returned to the owner whenever possible.
Carrels are available to UCSF faculty with the following appointments:
- Ladder-rank faculty
- In residence faculty
- Professor of Clinical (____)
- Clinical Professor/Instructor (salaried or not)
- Adjunct Professor/Instructor
For more information, email the Parnassus Service Desk or call (415) 476-2336.