UCSF NIH Public Access Compliance Report
UCSF Compliance with NIH Public Access Policy
See this NIH notice about a July 1, 2013 change to Public Access Policy compliance efforts. For non-competing continuation grant awards with a start date of July 1, 2013, NIH will delay processing of an award if publications arising from it are not in compliance with the NIH Policy.
The summary below demonstrates the institutional compliance rate with the total number of UCSF-authored papers that fall under the Policy, for a couple time periods. The summary is produced using the NIH's Public Access Compliance Monitor (PACM). To request a list of Compliant, Non-Compliant, and In Process articles from the PACM associated with a PI or grant number, email the Library.
UCSF by the Numbers, 2008 - April 30, 2015
|Publication Date||Total Articles||Compliant||Non-Compliant||In Process||Compliance Rate|
|4/1/2008 - 4/30/2015||16,783||15,112||1,623
|1/1/2014 - 4/30/2015||3,763||3,310||405||48||88%|
as of May 8, 2015
- Have a PMCID (PubMed Central ID); or
- Were published in a Method A journal
An article is considered Non-Compliant when:
- It is more than three months after publication and the article does not have a PMCID; or
- It is anytime after publication and the article does not have an NIHMSID; and
- It is not from a Method A journal or the author has not published the article via Method B.
NIH considers an article In Process when it is less than three months past its final publication date and is somewhere in the NIH Manuscript Submission System (NIHMS) processing cycle.
How do I make my paper compliant?
For help making articles compliant with the Policy, see this overview of steps for getting papers into PubMed Central (PMC). PMC deposit steps depend on which method the publication uses (A, B, C, or D).
It's recommend that you link your My NCBI and eRA Commons accounts to manage your NIH publications.
- For articles already in the NIHMS cycle, see Managing Compliance in the My Bibliography guide. Search the PMID or NIHMSID in NIHMS to see the current status. See the NIHMS FAQ.
- For articles where publisher deposits into PMC directly (methods A & B) or into the NIHMS (method D), notify the publisher to start the process by finding a contact on the journal's website. For Elsevier, send to AuthorSupport@elsevier.com.
Contact the Library by email or phone (415-476-8415) for additional help.