Printing is a fee-based service available through your Printing Account. Below you will find information on adding funds, printer locations, and more.
- Printing accounts are separate from FastPay accounts and money cannot be transferred between them.
- Any balances remaining in Galen Accounts were transferred to printing accounts.
UCSF students, faculty, post doctoral fellows, and residents may print at the following locations:
- Parnassus Library
- Mission Bay Library
- Medical Sciences Tech Commons (S-165)
- Medical Student Lounge (S-245) - Medical students only
- Nursing Building (N-735)
The public may print at the Parnassus and Mission Bay Libraries.
B/W printing: 14 cents per printed side
Color printing (UCSF only): 30 cents per printed side
- 1. Add money to your Library Printing Account.
Before you can print, you will need to add funds to your Printing Account.
You can add money online using a credit card ($5.00 minimum). Go to the Library Printing Account management site and enter the first 8 digits from the back of your UCSF ID card or your Library printing card.
You can also add funds in person with cash, check, credit/debit card, or approved departmental recharge number. There is a $1.00 minimum and a $5.00 minimum for credit card transactions. Please see the Parnassus Library Cashier.
Non-UCSF patrons can purchase a Library printing card from the Parnassus Library Cashier or the automated card dispenser outside the cashier office.
- 2. Print from a Library workstation.
- When you are ready to print, select the appropriate Print command.
- Walk over to a print release station, which are usually located next to a printer.
- Tap your UCSF ID or Printing card against the black card reader.
- Click on your print jobs on the print release station and click "Print"
You may also add multiple documents to your print queue, and send all documents to the printer at once.
Remember to log out when finished by clicking the Quit button. The print release station will automatically log you out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Privacy and Security
- All account information will be encrypted and stored in a secure server.
- Data regarding the content of your search sessions will be recorded.
- Credit card information or other payment account numbers will never be recorded in your Library Printing Account.