Help & How To
Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing system for educators that allows moderators to interact with participants through chat, video, polling, audio, application sharing, web tours and PowerPoint presentations.
Any Collaborate session can be recorded and distributed after the session has ended for asynchronous learning opportunities.
Get Started Using Collaborate Today
Follow these steps to begin using Collaborate at UCSF:
- Visit the Collaborate@UCSF User Guide for step-by-step instructions on getting started with Collaborate.
- Confirm that your computer meets the system requirements for running Collaborate (Blackboard Support).
- Attend a CLE Clinic to learn more about incorporating web conferencing in a CLE course.
- Create a Blackboard Collaborate session in the UCSF CLE.
- Contact Learning Technologies staff with questions about using Collaborate or for additional training opportunities.
The upload or use of protected health information (PHI) into Blackboard Collaborate sessions is prohibited and is a violation of HIPAA Privacy and Security. Penalties for HIPAA violations may be significant. This is inclusive of any patient data, e.g., name, email address, videos or images of patients, and any other data containing any identifiable patient information.
If you have any doubt, stop and contact the HIPAA Privacy Office at (415) 353-2750. Visit the UCSF HIPAA website for additional information.