Collaborative Learning Environment
Help & How To
Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE)
The Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE) serves as UCSF’s space for online learning and collaboration activities. The CLE is powered by Moodle, a well-known open source learning management system.
The CLE provides exciting tools and activities for instruction and collaboration, such as:
- Discussion forums and chat
- A variety of Quiz, Survey, and Assessment tools
- Assignments for collecting work and giving feedback
- Workshops for peer to peer assessment
- Interesting and engaging ways of displaying course material
- Gradebook for keeping track of student progress
- Calendars for due dates, exams, and special events
- Collaborative course wikis
- Blogging and tagging tools
- A variety of options for assigning roles and permissions
The Learning Technologies Group offers a wide range of documentation and training on using the CLE, including:
- A robust CLE Support Center
- Monthly CLE Clinics and a Self-Paced Online workshop
- Convergence blog for updates and resources on content creation for the CLE.
In addition to the above resources, if you find you’d like a little more support with developing a CLE space and using the system, we encourage you to make an appointment with us for a one-on-one or small group consultation.