Collaborative Learning Environment
Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE)
The Collaborative Learning Environment provides a versatile framework designed to meet the current and future needs for learner-centered environments, collaborative learning, and other collaborative activities at UCSF.
The CLE provides tools and activities for instruction and collaboration, including:
- Discussion forums and chat
- Quiz/assessment/survey tools
- Integrated course wikis
- Blogging and tagging tools
- RSS feeds and podcast support
- Customizable course formats, templates and themes
- Robust roles and permissions
Moodle, an open source learning management system, provides the core CLE functions at this time. In the future, the CLE will support exciting new tools, such as electronic portfolios and learning object repositories.
Learning Technologies offers a wide range of documentation and training on using the Collaborative Learning Environment. These resources include:
- CLE Support Center
- CLE How-To Tips and Tricks Podcast (video and PDF versions)
- CLE Workshops (in person and online)
- Convergence blog for updates and resources on content creation for the CLE.
In addition to formal training opportunities, Learning Technologies staff are normally available on a drop-in basis (during business hours: 8:30am-5pm, M-F), or by previous appointment for one-on-one and small group consultations with faculty and other users developing spaces within the CLE.