- UCSF Open Access Policy
- UCSF Open Access Fund
- Publish Open Access Articles with UCSF Discounts
- NIH Public Access Policy
- Authors and Copyright
- What You Can Do
- Tracking UCSF Research
- Journal Subscription Costs
- Criteria for Journal Cancellation
- 2013 Journal Cancellation Project
- 2012 Journal Cancellation Project
- 2011 Journal Cancellation Project
- 2010 Journal Cancellation Project
- 2010 Database Cancellations
- 2009 Journal Cancellation Project
- 2008 Journal Cancellation Project
- 2007 Journal Cancellation Project
- 2005 Journal Cancellation Project
2014 Review of Journal Subscriptions
Every year the Library reviews its journal subscriptions as part of the annual renewal process. We look for savings to keep pace with a reduced budget and rising costs for journals, books, and databases. See the criteria used to select journals for cancellation.
UCSF journal subscriptions are threatened due to sharp annual increases for online subscriptions, and a decreasing budget.
See a comparison of 2011 and 2012 journal costs for an overview.
The renewal process described here is for journals subscribed at UCSF locally. It does not include the thousands of journals UCSF subscribes to through UC-wide publisher packages.
View the proposed list of 2014 journal subscription changes
(PDF; access from UCSF network or VPN only)
We welcome your feedback. Please send any comments to Sarah McClung, Collection Development Librarian, by Friday, May 24.