Ingenuity Pathways Analysis (IPA)
Software for modeling, analyzing and understanding complex biological and chemical systems.
This database is funded by the UCSF Library; the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost; and the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center. Additional funding partners are needed, please contact Collections.
IPA provides users integrated access to the most current knowledge available on: genes, drugs, chemicals, protein families, normal cellular and disease processes, signaling and metabolic pathways. Uses include:
- exploratory investigation of genes, proteins, chemicals, and biological functions
- creating customized pathways for targets, biomarkers, process, and disease
- comparing pathways for common, unique, or union of biological molecules
- designing publication quality pathways
- interpreting expression data
- assessing toxicity and safety of compounds in context of pathways and networks
- identifying potential biomarkers
- exploring metabolic genotype-phenotype relationships
Access to the database is limited to four concurrent sessions.
- JAVA or the JAVA applet must be installed on your computer to run the program
- Allow popups for analysis.ingenuity.com
- Select "Create Account"
- Fill out all fields in form
- Requires UCSF email address
- Your log-in and start-up information will be emailed to you