Watch: Open Access Innovators at UCSF
In late October, the UCSF Library celebrated Open Access Week with two notable lectures at Mission Bay and Parnassus.
UCSF's Open Access Innovators [view the lecture]
UCSF students, postdocs, and scholars present their innovative, open tools – Youreka Science, Journal Lab, and WikiPathways – and discuss how they improve research and scholarship at UCSF and beyond.
- Florie Charles, PhD candidate, Biomedical Sciences Program, creator of Youreka Science
- Robert Judson, PhD, Postdoctoral Researcher, co-founder at Journal Lab
- Alex Pico, PhD, Associate Director for Gladstone Bioinformatics, creator of WikiPathways
Shades of Open Access [view the lecture]
How do the latest open access and open data developments impact you? Find out about what the new UC Open Access policy means to UCSF researchers, how it intersects with the NIH Public Access Policy, and what’s in store for helping you manage your article deposits and for making your data open via DataShare.
- Karen Butter, ML, University Librarian & Assistant Vice Chancellor, UCSF Library
- Rich Schneider, PhD, Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Megan Laurance, PhD, Research Informationist, UCSF Library