Use EZproxy to Access Online Resources from Off Campus
The Library now provides EZproxy, a new way to access subscription library content from off campus. EZproxy works with MyAccess and allows UCSF users to easily view full-text articles, ebooks, and databases from off the UCSF network. You no longer need to log into campus VPN to access the Library’s online resources.
To use EZproxy, follow these simple steps:
- Start on the Library website.
- Click on a link to an article, database, ebook, etc.
- When prompted, log in with MyAccess.
- View all full-text content to which the Library subscribes.
- No need to log in again, as long as you remain logged into MyAccess.
The Library also provides an EZproxy bookmarklet – a tool that you save in your browser toolbar. If you go directly to a journal website, rather than through the library website, the bookmarklet allows you to log in and gain access to subscribed content. CLE users should use the EZproxy bookmarklet or continue to use Network Connect for now.