Over 2,000 Elsevier Ebooks Now Available
The UCSF community now has online access to over 2,000 Elsevier ebooks, thanks to the Library’s recent purchase of ebooks published on the ScienceDirect platform. Elsevier’s imprints include Academic Press, Churchill-Livingstone, Elsevier, Mosby, and Saunders. The purchase is comprised of:
- More than 600 books in subject collections published between 1995-2006
- Over 1,500 “Evidence-based Selection” titles published in 2007 and later. With Evidence-based Selection (EBS), UCSF gets unlimited access to the selected titles for one year. At the end of the 12 months the Library will pick which titles to purchase permanently based on the usage throughout the year. This EBS process allows us to identify the titles most valuable to UCSF.
- Biochemistry, Genetics, & Molecular Biology
- Dentistry & Clinical Dentistry
- Medicine & Clinical Medicine
- Health Professions
- Immunology & Microbiology
- Pharmacology, Toxicology, & Pharmaceutical Science
- Veterinary Medicine
To browse ScienceDirect ebooks, see the Library Catalog. From within ScienceDirect, search for titles with "Full-text available" and look for the green text icon indicating UCSF has full text access. Each chapter can be downloaded as a PDF file.
Want to read these titles on your mobile device? Find apps here.
We're interested in your feedback. Please let us know what you think of the Evidence-based Selections.