Changes to Taylor & Francis Journals at UCSF
Effective January 1, 2013, the UC Libraries no longer have a systemwide agreement for online journals with the publisher Taylor & Francis. The cancellation of the Taylor & Francis contract was a UC-wide decision after an agreement could not be reached regarding the value of the UC subscription package. The decision followed a rigorous value assessment of Taylor & Francis journals based on three principles: achieving sustainable pricing, better aligning cost to value, and maintaining the highest quality journal content possible across a broad range of disciplines. Learn more about the evaluation.
UCSF will continue to subscribe to the following 24 Taylor & Francis journals locally. Another 800 journals will be available at no charge through request from individual UC campus subscriptions (view the full list). Many of the Taylor & Francis journals no longer subscribed to are out of scope for UCSF.
UCSF's ongoing subscriptions
- Aging & Mental Health
- AIDS Care
- AJOB Journals Package (includes UAJB American Journal of Bioethics, UABN AJOB Neurosciences, UABR AJOB Primary Research)
- AJOB Neuroscience
- AJOB Primary Research
- American Journal of Bioethics
- Culture, Health & Sexuality
- Ethnicity & Health
- Global Public Health
- Health Care for Women International
- Home Health Care Services Quarterly
- Journal of Addictive Diseases
- Journal of Aging & Social Policy
Journal of Community Health Nursing
- Journal of Ethnicity In Substance Abuse
- Journal of Health Communication
- Journal of Homosexuality
- Journal of Psychoactive Drugs
- Journal of Sex Research
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition
- Medical Anthropology
- Social Work In Public Health
- Teaching and Learning in Medicine
- Women & Health
Systemwide access to content published through 2012 will continue to be available to many unrenewed journals, while some will end with 2009. See details.
We welcome your feedback and questions about this cancellation; contact Library Collections.